Monday, February 27, 2012

Milk in the Car and I Don't Care

My four day trip home was a success!!  Not that I thought it would be anything but.  It had truly been four months since I felt like doing a happy dance.  I was so excited about this trip, in fact, that I seriously did NOT plan out anything for the husband and kids to do while I was away.  I didn't write down any instructions.  I didn't lecture about doing homework and practicing piano.  I just packed my bag and hugged them and got the heck outta there!  I'll tell you, that's not typical of me.  I'm a bit of a control freak.  I worry about little things like the counters having crumbs on them, the toilet seat being left up and the blankets not being folded up on the couch.  Don't judge.  I am what I am, no apologies.  But this time, I didn't worry about ANY of that stuff!  My husband even posted on Facebook about a "bacon bomb" going off in our kitchen.  Did I call home and tell him where the cleaning spray was located?  Nope, I just kept on having fun with all of my peeps.
I'm pretty stinking proud of myself.  I truly *let it all go*!!  Yeah, me!
So when I returned yesterday I expected things wouldn't be *perfection*.  I have to say, pleasantly surprised.  They survived.  Eric did laundry.  I saw NO evidence of said bacon bomb.  Now, don't go jumping to conclusions, they are men (boys) after all, and without my *gentle guidance* a few things did go by the wayside.  Aidan missed his Cooking club and his gym clothes never made it home to be washed.  Eric went to the grocery store (yeah him), but left the milk in the back of the car most of the day.  The dog rolled around in new mulch and became brown instead of white.  But ask me if I care????

I do NOT!  It was worth it.  They survived!  I had a terrific visit with everyone.  
I went and got milk today.  
The end

No comments:

Post a Comment