Monday, June 25, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Last Friday I set out to drive from California to Missouri with my mother and my two kids.  2070 miles, 7 states, 3 days.  Throughout the journey I made random observations, mostly to myself.  I thought I would share twenty of them with you.

Random Thought #1:  Plane tickets are expensive.
Random Thought #2:  They are worth every penny.
Random Thought #3:  I wish we had enough money to buy plane tickets.
Random Thought #4:  Built in DVD players are the bomb diggety!
Random Thought #5:  Hooking up the X Box to the DVD player was the best idea my son Aidan has ever had in his lifetime.  I mean that, E-VER!
Random Thought #6:  You can never have enough snacks.
Random Thought #7:  My mom comments on everything she sees while travelling.
Random Thought #8:  My kids could care less about any of the things my mom points out along the way.  Welcome to age 10 and 13, Grandma.  If it doesn't have a cord, they aren't interested.
Random Thought #9:  So, this is Nevada.
Random Thought #10:  So, this is Utah.
Random Thought #11:  So, this is Wyoming.
Random Thought #12:  So, this is Colorado.
Random Thought #13:  Uhg!  Kansas.
Random Thought #14:  More Kansas.
Random Thought #15:  Yeah, we made it to Missouri.
Random Thought #16:  I have really gotten used to low or NO humidity.  I rather enjoy it.
Random Thought #17:  Driving 80 legally is pretty cool.
Random Thought #18:  Driving 65 after driving 80 feels like we are in a covered wagon.
Random Thought #19: Plane tickets are expensive.
Random Thought #20:  They are worth every penny.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment