Friday, September 2, 2011

Missouri, California; Potato, Avacado

I spent 4 days in San Francisco this week looking at rental possibilities for our family.  First of all, whenever I'm in SF I feel like an alien.  My dress is entirely *suburban, midwestern, mom* and everyone else is all hipster, skinny jeans and ginormous sunglasses. There are men there with much cuter hair styles than my own.  You know it's bad when you find yourself comparing yourself to members of the opposite sex and falling short.  Sucker punch to the self-esteem, anyone?
I know how pathetic I must sound, but it is hard to feel *out of place* when you've felt very much *in your element* for the past 16 years of your life. However, change is a-comin' whether I'm ready or not.  So I guess I best get my butt ready!  So, another day E and I rented a car and were able to scope out the Danville/San Ramon area (thanks to my HS friend Lisa for suggesting it).  I felt a little less alienistic there.  We even saw a few rentals that we liked.  A step in the right direction.  Insert very heavy sigh here.
I guess it's time to get a hipper hair style and get ready for the next step in my life.  OK, I'm off to hyperventilate now.  Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment